The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 166 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. As they develop local capacity, they draw on the people of UNDP and our wide range of partners.
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME IN BELARUS
announces a vacancy in UNDP Project
“GFATM Grants Implementation Unit”
Senior Adviser on HIV/AIDS
The Senior Adviser on HIV/AIDS will be responsible for the implementation of activities related to providing access to treatment, support and care of people living with HIV/AIDS within two grants of the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and malaria.
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree in medicine;
- At least 5 years of experience in HIV/AIDS treatment and care;
- Knowledge and understanding of current tendencies and practices in HIV/AIDS treatment and care;
- Experience in drafting scientific papers in the filed of HIV/AIDS will be an asset
- Experience of managing staff;
- Proficiency in office software packages (MS Word, Excel);
- Language requirements: Russian, knowledge of the English language will be an asset.
For detailed Job Descriptions and to apply on-line please visit the web site of UN Office in Belarus at
Deadline for submission of applications: 1 November 2009