The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 166 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. As they develop local capacity, they draw on the people of UNDP and our wide range of partners.
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME IN BELARUS
is seeking for qualified candidates for the position of:
UN Coordination Analyst
Under the direct supervision of the UN Resident Coordinator in Belarus, the UN Coordination Analyst analyzes political, social and economic trends and provides inputs to preparation of country programming products including the Common Country Assessment (CCA) and United Nations Development Assistance Frameworks (UNDAFs), supports the development of national strategies, joint programmes and monitoring of progress towards the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and Global Conferences and the UN Reform.
· Support advocacy of UN activities;
· Maintenance of the systematic information on RC system and other development partner activities;
· Support RC in implementation and reporting on RC annual work plan;
· Participation in arrangement of regular forums and events on issues related to UN activities with media, NGOs, communities, etc.;
· Overall support to substantive work of UN Theme groups and building links among them.
· Master’s Degree or equivalent in Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations Political Sciences or related field;
· Up to 2 years of relevant experience in providing advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects. Knowledge about the UN and RC systems would be an advantage. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems;
· Fluency in English and Russian.
UNDP WILL ONLY CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FROM CITIZENS OF BELARUS
Interested candidates are requested to apply on-line on www.un.by by closing date 24 September 2009.
A detailed resume should be submitted in the personal history form which can be found at: http://un.by/vacancy/undp/form/
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Women are encouraged to apply. UNDP is non-smoking work environment.