Вакансия подразумевает знание английского языка.Уровень III (Хорошее рабочее знание языка).
All interested candidates
October 2, 2020
October 17, 2020
Full-time (40 hours a week)
FSN-8/FP-6 (FP schedule applies to AEFMs only)
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in Belarus is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Computer Operator.
Basic functions of position: Provides technical and Information Technology (IT) support for all Public Affairs Section (PAS) program activities. Responsible for Internet connectivity and network/computer security in the American Center. Under the direction of the Public Affairs Officer, Cultural Affairs Officer, and American Spaces Director, provides IT support, organizes digital/technical outreach activities, and implements a wide range of outreach programs based on use of technology and social media. Researches and recommends new materials for use in American Spaces' social media and digital outreach efforts. Creates for American Officers' use informative presentations relying on subject expertise in social media and other IT. Assists the American Spaces Director in organizing outreach events, and develops information packages for public diplomacy programs and events. Maintains accurate and current database of American Spaces' contacts. Recommends technical resources for American Spaces' collections and American Corners' staff. Acts as the back up to the Public Affairs Section’s webmaster and social media manager. Ensures and maintains computer infrastructure for the American Center and provides advisory support for replacing defective equipment as necessary for OpenNet. Also responsible for technical issues related to PAS communications, including printers, photocopiers, telephone, fax, and web conferencing platforms.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- A minimum university degree is required in information science, library science, political science, international relations, communications, or marketing.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in use of information technologies and digital media resources and experience in reference and research.
- Level III in English, Russian and Belarusian is required. Good working knowledge of the written and spoken language. Job holder will be able to communicate effectively with staff and members of the public in the language.
- An in-depth knowledge of all the various functions and activities within the job holder’s area of work. As a result of this, knowledge may be required to give advice and/or be able to handle some non-standard situations/problems. A general level of understanding of the country. The job holder may be required to apply this knowledge due to having direct contact with external clients or counterparts in other organizations. Has a good understanding of a range of techniques/processes relating to a particular speciality. Is likely to have received extensive training in their specialist area or has built up this knowledge through a considerable amount of work experience. May be able to provide some basic advice to 'non specialists'.
- Must have the ability to manage all aspects of, а computer system without contract help and with limited help from RPO Vienna- and Washington-based computer specialists. Must have an aptitude in dealing with people and the ability to explain software systems to operators and end-users, and to provide necessary training. Must have an excellent customer service work ethic and interpersonal and cross-cultural skills. Must also have good public speaking, planning, and organizational skills, and the ability to understand and carry out instructions.
All the instructions on how to create ERA account can be found here: https://by.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
To submit your ERA application not later than October 16, 2020 go to:
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities will be available to candidates short-listed for the interviews. For other information, please contact the Human Resources Office at +375−17−210−1283.
Посольство США в РБ
Ул. Старовиленская, 46