- Policy and Planning Specialist, NOC level
Accountable for coordination of knowledge acquisition, sharing, and effective engagement of the office in policy dialogue with Government, parliament, civil society, and other partners. Other main tasks and duties: advocates for sufficient public resources for policies, programmes and national reforms benefitting marginalized children and the implementation of all child rights in Belarus. Coordinates and facilitates an external dialogue on UNICEF engagement on SDG. Assists in developing joint policy positions within the UN system and the aid community. Supports in formulating, planning, and implementation of policy related results of the country programme, with a focus on UNICEF organizational priorities. Supports in monitoring policy results and reporting on the impact of improved national policy.
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Social Development, Development Planning, or other relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of five years increasingl responsible relevant experience in the area of policy analysis, development programming, UN System Field experience in programme planning and design, Human Rights Advocacy. Developing country work experience.
- Fluency in English and Russian.
For the detailed TOR and application process, please go to https://www.unicef.org
- Communication Specialist, NOC level, Temporary Appointment (1 year)
Accountable for developing, managing, coordinating, networking, implementing and monitoring an advocacy and communication strategy and associated products and activities on on-going basis with public audiences, with the objective of promoting awareness, understanding, support and respect for children’s and women’s rights, and support for UNICEF's mission, priorities and programmes in the country office, and at a global level and those of the UN Country Team.
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations (Or an undergraduate degree plus at least 12 years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporate communications.)
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media. Field work experience. Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
- Fluency in English and Russian.
For the detailed TOR and application process, please go to https://www.unicef.org.
All candidates should have advanced drafting and reporting skills, excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
We consider an asset:
- prior work experience in the UN System/UNICEF or another international development organization;
- prior experience and hands-on knowledge of an Enterprise Resource System (i.e. SAP);
- prior experience and knowledge of UN System/UNICEF policies, procedures and guidelines;
- working knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint).
The applicants should be nationals of Belarus and should submit their applications in English (a cover letter, CV and P11 form) by closing date 28 July 2019 to be eligible for consideration. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To download P11 form, please go to P11 form.