Job Title: UNFPA Project Finance Specialist
Type/Duration: Service Contract
Duty Station: Minsk, Belarus
Duration of contract: one year with possible extension
UNFPA is seeking suitable candidates for the position of Finance Specialist in UNFPA executed project.
The Finance Specialist is located in UNFPA Country Office (CO) in Minsk and reports to the Project Manager. Under the supervision and guidance of the Project Manager and CO Admin/Finance Associate assists in planning, management and monitoring of project finance performance, delivers quality financial and administrative services to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures within the project “Support to the implementation of the national programme of demographic security of the Republic of Belarus”. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in providing financial support services;
- Experience in projects funded by international donors is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of UN financial rules and regulations is an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office, Excel, e-mail, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Clear and careful oral and written communication skills;
- Self-starter, with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and orientation towards results;
- Ability to perform well under pressure, adapt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to communicate with staff and constituencies from multiple organizations, and to provide support in a collaborative, consultative, and positive manner;
- Excellent problem solving skills and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to build consensus and to work through others in achieving desired results and objectives;
- Consistent ability to set and deliver against a work plan in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Excellent command of English, Belarusian and/or Russian
To read more and apply, please visit:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS – 12 May 2015
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.