Job Title: UNFPA Project Administrative Specialist
Type/Duration: Service Contract
Duty Station: Minsk, Belarus
Duration of contract: one year with possible extension
UNFPA is seeking suitable candidates for the position of Administrative Specialist in UNFPA executed project.
The Administrative Specialist is located in UNFPA Country Office (CO) in Minsk and reports to the Project Manager. Under the supervision and guidance of the Project Manager and CO Admin/Finance Associate delivers quality services in administration and logistics to internal and external stakeholders mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures within the project “Support to the implementation of the national programme of demographic security of the Republic of Belarus”. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- University degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, Management, Logistics or other related field;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in providing administrative/logistics services;
- Experience in projects funded by international donors is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of UN administrative/financial rules and regulations is an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office, Excel, e-mail, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Strong facilitation and problem-solving skills;
- Clear and careful oral and written communication skills;
- Self-starter, with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through, and orientation towards results.
- Ability to perform well under pressure, adapt to change and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to build consensus and to work through others in achieving desired results and objectives;
- Consistent ability to set and deliver against a work plan in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Excellent command of English, Belarusian and/or Russian
To read more and apply, please visit:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS – 12 May 2015
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.