Job Title: UNFPA Project Manager
Type/Duration: Service Contract
Duty Station: Minsk, Belarus
Duration of contract: one year with possible extension
UNFPA is seeking suitable candidates for the position of Project Manager in Belarus Country Office.
The Project Manager is located in Country Offices (CO) in Minsk and reports to the Assistant Representative.
Under the general guidance of the Assistant Representative the Project Manager will coordinate the work of the project “Support to the implementation of the national programme of demographic security of the Republic of Belarus” ensuring the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities in accordance with UNFPA/UNICEF rules and procedures as well as donor`s requirements. He/she will be responsible for achievements of project`s objectives and quality management throughout the project life cycle. Furthermore, the Project Manager will support the CO work in the field of population and development.
We are looking for candidates who have:
· University degree, preferably in Public Administration, Social Science, International Relations, or other
relevant studies for UNFPA’s mandate
· At least five years of relevant experience in programme/ project management;
· Practical experience preferably in the area of demography, population and development and/or
· Good facilitation and coordination skills, demonstrated ability to work in an independent manner;
· Proven leadership skills;
· Self-starter with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow through and orientation towards results;
· Strong analytical, facilitation and problem-solving skills, including solid experience in writing functional
specifications and strong attention to details;
· Working experience in projects funded by international donors is desirable;
· Knowledge of UN rules and regulations is an asset;
· Ability to perform well under pressure, adopt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment;
· Clear and careful oral and written communications skills;
· Computer literacy – Word, Excel, Power-Point, etc.
· Excellent command of English, Russian and/or Belarusian.
To read more and apply, please visit:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS – 11 February 2015