Job Title: UNFPA Programme Associate
Type/Duration: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Minsk, Belarus
Duration of contract: one year with possible extension
UNFPA is seeking suitable candidates for the position of Programme Associate in Belarus Country Office.
The Programme Associate contributes to the development and implementation of effective UNFPA country by providing programmatic and administrative support to UNFPA’s projects. S/he is instrumental in facilitating programme/project implementation using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures. As appropriate and under the direction of the Assistant Representative the Programme Associate will also contribute to research, financial management, operational and procedural guidance.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- University degree, preferably in Public Administration, International Relations, Social Science, Health or other relevant studies for UNFPA`s mandate.
- At least six years of relevant experience in programme/ project management.
- Practical experience of working in the area of gender equality, demography or health is desirable;
- Good facilitation and coordination skills, demonstrated ability to work in an independent manner;
- Working experience in projects funded by international donors is desirable;
- Previous experience in the UN is an advantage;
- Ability to perform well under pressure, adopt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment;
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, Power-Point, etc.
To read more and apply, please visit:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS – 24 December 2014