UNFPA, United Nations Population Fund in Belarus
announces a vacancy of
Project assistant (Programme Support and monitoring)/SC/SB-3
(duration one year with possible extension)
This position is in a structure of projects implementation team supported the UNFPA projects on developing national capacity to counteract domestic violence in Belarus
The projects aim at supporting the Government on implementation of the National Action Plan on gender equality for 2011-2015 in general and improving national domestic violence prevention and response system in particular. The projects have pilot components (Brest region) and nation-wide activities and imply partnership with Ministries, local authorities, NGOs and faith-based organisations.
The Project Assistant is a member of projects implementation team and works under the guidance and direct supervision of the Manager of the project implementation team. He/she assists in effective and efficient management of the projects through a range of activities contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of the project activities.
The Project Assistant works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, Communications and other project and CO staff to affective achievement of the results.
This incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNFPA programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies as well as implementation of the effective control systems.
· Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day projects implementation and ensure conformity to expected results;
· Prepare projects budgets and detailed projects budgets in view of the next programming year;
· Verify the requests for advance of funds from the Implementing Partners for their compliance with the approved Annual Work Plans and budgets;
· Verify the itemized cost estimates of the Implementing Partners and their eligibility as per approved Annual Work Plans and budgets
· Verify the financial reports (FACE) submitted by the Implementing Partners for their accuracy and compliance with the approved Annual Work Plans and budgets; negotiate all necessary corrective steps with the Implementing Partners;
· Prepare quarter FACE reconciliation reports;
· Prepare proposals for budget revisions;
· Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation and projects audit;
· Contribute to the preparation of the reports to donors;
· Draft minutes of the Project Steering Committee and other related project meetings;
· Assume overall responsibility for administrative matters such as registry and maintenance of project files and records;
· Arrange meetings of the Project Steering Committee as well as other relevant meeting of the programmatic nature;
· Undertake other programme related tasks as requested by the supervisor
University degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, Management, Logistics;
At least 5 years of relevant experience in providing programme/project support;
Working experience in national execution projects funded by international donors is highly desirable;
Knowledge of UN financial rules and regulations is an asset;
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office, Excel, e-mail, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems;
Good command of English and Russian is required.
The vacancy is opened for the nationals of the Republic of Belarus
APPOINTMENT AGAINST THIS POST IS STRICTLY ON LOCAL BASIS
UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package, including medical and pension insurance, annual leave.
To find out more about this position, please visit the UN Office in Belarus web-site: www.un.by/vacancy
Candidates should submit their applications in English (a cover letter and CV) to the following address: Krasnoarmeyskaya Str. 22A-75., 5th floor, Minsk, Belarus 220030, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received no later than 20 September 2013.Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.