The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN"s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 166 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. As they develop local capacity, they draw on the people of UNDP and our wide range of partners.
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME IN BELARUS
announces vacancies in the EC-UNDP Project
"Preventing, Fighting and Addressing the Social Consequences of Trafficking in Human Beings in the Republic of Belarus"
The joint EC-UNDP project "Preventing, Fighting and Addressing the Social Consequences of Trafficking in Human Beings in the Republic of Belarus" launches in spring 2009. It will address Trafficking in Human Beings (THB), in an integrated manner, covering prevention of THB, prosecution of those who facilitate or commit the crime and protection of victims. To be effective in preventing THB, the project focuses on socio-economic differences that drive people to move to other countries in search of a better future.
The Project Manager (PM) assumes overall responsibility for the successful implementation of project activities and the achievement of planned project outputs. He/she oversees the day-to-day development of the project. The PM works under guidance of the UNDP Country Office and the National Project Coordinator appointed by the Implementing Agency.
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree in political science, social science, international relations, management or similar highly desirable.
- Specialization in gender or human rights is highly desirable;
- At least 3 years of experience in management of multi-stakeholder projects, including international projects, desirable.
- Working knowledge of the field of Trafficking in Human Beings highly desirable;
- Experience of cooperation with state institutions in Belarus would be an asset;
- Excellent written and spoken Russian and English;
- Outstanding organizational, administrative and planning skills would be an asset;
- Good analytical skills;
- Flexibility and resistance to stress;
- Ability for team work, social competence;
- Good computer skills (Microsoft office and web resources).
For detailed Job Descriptions please visit the web site of UN Office in Belarus at http://un.by/vacancy/undp/
The vacancy is open only for residents of the Republic of Belarus.
Candidates should submit their applications in English (a cover letter and CV) on-line by closing date 14 April 2009 to be eligible for consideration.