The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 166 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. As they develop local capacity, they draw on the people of UNDP and our wide range of partners.
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME IN BELARUS
announces the vacancy of
ICT Assistant, UNDP Minsk
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ICT Associate, the ICT Assistant provides ICT and administrative support services to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure.
Key functions will include:
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs.
- Assistance in the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades.
- Assistance in upgrading patch and anti-virus programs on a timely basis.
- Support to users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention
- Assistance in trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems.
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Assistance in backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of back up logs.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources.
- Provision of ICT support to key events.
- Participation and assistance in the organization of training for the CO staff on ICT issues.
Work on part time basis (from 9:00 till 13:00) daily.
Qualifications and experience requirements:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Information Management or Bachelors or relevant education with certifications in hardware and software management and application.
- Working knowledge of English and Russian.
This vacancy is opened for the nationals of the Republic of Belarus.