The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN"s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 166 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. As they develop local capacity, they draw on the people of UNDP and our wide range of partners.
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME IN BELARUS
announces vacancy of Task Coordinator (SEA-Conventions) in the
Project “Building Capacity for Strategic Environmental Assessment and Environmental
Conventions Implementation in Belarus (within the EC Programme - Support to Environment
and Sustainable Development in Belarus)
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, and Experience:
· Advanced university degree in environmental sciences and/or policy;
· At least three years of work experience in international project coordination is highly desirable;
· Experience of cooperation with international organisations, preferably within UN, and state environmental institutions in Belarus is an asset;
· Knowledge of UNDP and/or EC rules and regulations is an asset;
· Experience in working with the civil society and with participatory approaches;
· Familiarity with the concepts and principles of environmental protection, strategic environmental assessment and capacity building;
· Outstanding management, communication and organizational skills;
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Russian;
· Flexibility and resistance to stress;
· Good computer skills.
This vacancy is opened for the nationals of the Republic of Belarus
To find out more about this position and apply online, please visit the UN Office in Belarus web-site (list of UNDP vacancies): http://un.by/vacancy/undp
Applications must be received no later than 19 February 2009.