COMMUNICATION ASSISTANT (SC)
Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the Communication Assistant implements the Country Office communication strategy and promotes UNFPA Country Office’s (CO) work and policies among partners, international and local media
The Communication Assistant:
- Identifies possible feature and news stories on UNFPA projects, policies and achievements in the country; document, develop and write the stories.
- Writes, formats and disseminates press and information materials as needed, including press releases, fact sheets, summaries and background documentation, talking points and power-point presentations, etc.
- Produces content and narrative for visibility / promo materials, including UNFPA CO’s website, brochures, etc.
- Maintains good media relations with local and international reporters, to enhance UNFPA visibility by educating the media about the organization's principal themes and country programmes; monitors UNFPA media coverage.
- Assist the CO in organizing visibility events, including media events, such as press conferences, report launches, media breakfasts and media tours to project sites, and events for partners and donors.
- Search for media and public opinion trends on the main issues of UNFPA mandate, especially opposition and non favorable ones and suggests possible interventions to support core UNFPA principles and national priorities.
We are looking for candidates who have:
· A track record in innovation and marketing of new approaches
· The ability for advocacy and advancing a policy oriented agenda
· Integrity, commitment to mandate and respect for diversity
· Skills to manage relationships, communicate ideas and share knowledge
· An ability for analytical and strategic thinking and results orientation
Successful candidates preferably have a master’s degree in communication, journalism and/or other related social science field and 3 years of relevant experience preferably in media and media/public relations. Language requirements are: fluency in English. Candidates are expected to be proficient in current office software applications.
This vacancy is opened for the nationals of the Republic of Belarus.
The vacancy is provided in the Republic of Belarus.
UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience.
To find out more about this position and apply online, please visit the UN Office in Belarus web-site (list of UNDP vacancies): http://un.by/vacancy/undp
Deadline for applications: 15 August 2008
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.