Under the supervision of the Programme Analyst, the Programme Assistant supports the design, planning and management of UNFPA’s country programme by providing and managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations.
The Programme Assistant:
- Participates in the identification and formulation of the country programme and component projects, by compiling and analyzing information in the subject areas of UNFPA assistance to the Government, drafts project documents and work plans and prepares tables and data.
- Evaluates project and programme activities, establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, conducting field visits, participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and preparing regular inputs to status and progress reports. Analyzes basic factors affecting the achievement of results, recommends corrective actions and follows up on recommendations.
- In coordination with national counterparts and project personnel guides routine implementation of assigned projects, coordinating the delivery of project inputs, ensuring participation of national counterparts in training activities and study tours.
- Provides logistical support to projects by coordinating review meetings and other project related workshops and events. Trains and guides project personnel and staff on national execution and programme policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the advocacy and resource mobilization strategy of the Country Office. Provides assistance in organizing and conducting donor meetings and advocacy events.
- Ensures adequate project management in the corporate financial/programme management system; proceeds with budget revisions according to the needs of the CO/implementing partners
We are looking for candidates who have:
· A track record in innovation and marketing of new approaches
· The ability for advocacy and advancing a policy oriented agenda
· Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
· Skills to manage relationships, communicate ideas and develop people
· An ability for analytical and strategic thinking and results orientation
Successful candidates preferably have a bachelor’s degree in health, population, demography and/or other related social/economic science field and 5 years of relevant experience in the public or private sector. Language requirements are: fluency in English. Candidates are expected to be proficient in current office software applications.
UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience.
To find out more about this position and apply online, please visit the UN Office in Belarus web-site (list of UNDP vacancies): http://un.by/vacancy/undp
Deadline for applications: 4 August 2008
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy is opened for the nationals of the Republic of Belarus.
Duty station - Republic of Belarus.