Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Office and direct supervisor, the Administrative/Finance Associate provides leadership in administrative, finance and HR systems of the Country Office. He/she takes a client-oriented, results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines in service of the country programme, providing support and guidance to the Country Office and UNFPA-supported projects
The Administrative Associate:
· Adapts processes and procedures, anticipates and manages operational requirements of programme/project inputs under national execution in terms of personnel, sub-contracts, equipment, fellowships, study tours and other programme and project related events to facilitate programme/project delivery.
· Prepares and monitors the budget for general office administration and ensures financial transactions are in accordance with UNFPA financial rules and procedures.
· Manages the recruitment and selection process applying best practice HR tools and mechanisms, advises and briefs managers and project personnel on different types of contracting modalities, HR policies and benefits.
· Implements corporate systems and applications in support of finance and human resource management and country office operations; creates systems and mechanisms for effective management of UNFPA resources required for NEX, and advises and trains project staff in NEX procedures.
· Reviews procurement requests, initiates procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost-effective manner. Contributes to the smooth running of the office by ensuring the provision and maintenance of services and supplies following-up processes and maintaining up-to-date inventory and records.
· Supports the monitoring of programme financial performance for all core and non-core resources by providing necessary financial information and analysis, including implementation rate against indicators/results
· Ensures the effective financial recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up and processes financial transactions
· Provides administrative support to UNFPA executed projects by organizing programme-related activities: round-tables, workshops, field visits, travel arrangements for consultants" missions, etc
We are looking for candidates who have:
· The necessary business acumen for the position
· A client oriented approach to their work
· A capacity for implementing modern management systems
· Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
· Skills to communicate information and ideas; for conflict and self management
· An ability for analytical and strategic thinking and results orientation
Successful candidates preferably have a bachelor"s degree in business, public administration, finance, information technology, economics or related field and 10 years of relevant experience in the public or private sector. Language requirements are: fluency in English. Candidates are expected to be proficient in current office software applications.
This vacancy is opened for the nationals of the Republic of Belarus.
The vacancy is provided in the Republic of Belarus.
UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience.
To find out more about this position and apply online, please visit the UN Office in Belarus web-site (list of UNDP vacancies): http://un.by/vacancy/undp
Deadline for applications: 24 June 2008
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.