The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN"s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help
people build a better life. We are on the ground in 166 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. As they develop local capacity, they
draw on the people of UNDP and our wide range of partners.
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME IN BELARUS
announces vacancy in UNDP Project
"Support of the National Programme ‘Tuberculosis" in the Republic of Belarus"
funded by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
The project is directed at assisting the Government of the Republic of Belarus in its activities for reduction of the burden of tuberculosis in Belarus. It is financed by the Global Fund to Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM). The main aim of the Project is to increase effectiveness of TB detection rate, providing access to treatment and preventive measures.
Deputy Project Manager (GFATM grant on TB)
Works under direction and supervision of the Project Manager and is responsible for the operational side of the Global Fund"s grant activities, supervision and coordination of all administrative processes of the grant. Deputy Project Manager supervises such operational activities of the grant as: procurement, finance, human resources management, logistics and inventory.
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree in Economics, Public Administration, Business Administration, Public Policy or other relevant social science;
- Experience in management of projects/processes. Experience of financial analysis is an asset;
- Experience in projects funded by international donors is desirable;
- Proven team-building, organizational and management skills;
- Familiarity with UN administrative and financial procedures will be an asset;
- Good command of spoken and written English;
- Computer literacy, especially with spread sheets, Access, Project Office and other is highly desirable.
Candidates should submit their applications in English (a cover letter and CV) to the UN Office in Belarus, 17 Kirov str., 6th floor, Minsk, Belarus 220050, fax: 226-03-40, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by closing date 17 September 2007 to be eligible for consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted