The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help
people build a better life. We are on the ground in 166 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. As they develop local capacity, they draw on the people of UNDP and our wide range of partners
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME IN BELARUS
announces vacancy in UNDP project
The project aims to improve health of population leaving in the Chernobyl-affected communities of the Stolin District by establishing a sustainable framework and mechanisms for education of target groups (healthcare professionals, pregnant women and nursing mothers, ‘reproductive reserve group’ women, future fathers, secondary school teachers and schoolchildren) on the issues of healthy parenthood, upbringing and developing healthy children as well as safe living in the Chernobyl-affected regions of Belarus.
Project Manager (based in Pinsk, Brest Oblast)
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the successful implementation of the project activities and achievement of the planned project outputs in accordance with UNDP rules and procedures. The PM oversees the day-to-day development of the project and works closely with the Implementing Agency and the UNDP Country Office. The position is based in Pinsk with frequent travel to Stolin District.
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree in the sphere directly devoted to sustainable development and/or management, international relations, political science or other relevant field. Scientific degree is an asset;
- At least three-five years experience in project management/implementation. Experience in international projects management/implementation is an asset;
- Experience in the field of minimizing consequences of the Chernobyl catastrophe and/or related fields is desirable;
- Strong analytical and management skills, outstanding organisational skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, social competence, ability for team work;
- Excellent command in English and Russian;
- Excellent computer skills.
The vacancy is open for the attention of the citizens of the Republic of Belarus.
Applications from women are encouraged.
Duration of contract: 1 year with possible extension for 1 year based on performance evaluation.
Candidates should submit their applications in English (a cover letter and CV) to the following address: 17 Kirov str., 6th floor, Minsk, Belarus 220050, fax: 226-03-40, e-mail email@example.com by closing date 05 August 2007 to be eligible for consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted