UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME IN BELARUS
announces vacancy in UNDP project
“Assistance to the Government of the Republic of Belarus in National Human Development Reports Preparation in Belarus 2006-2010 (1st stage)”
The project aims to strengthen national capacity for socio-economic forecasting and policy formulation based on a multisectoral approach that considers multiple aspects of human development and to establish a National Human Development Report (NHDR) preparation process that ensures broad representation of target audiences and promotes policy analysis from the perspective of gender equality and various population groups.
The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management, achievement of the planned outputs, coordination and supervision of the project implementation in accordance with UNDP rules and procedures.
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree in international development, economics or other relevant areas;
- At least two years experience of managing technical assistance projects;
- Strong analytical and management skills;
- Experience in managing or conducting research as a part of a research team;
- Experience in working with media;
- Excellent command and drafting skills in English, Russian and Belarusian;
- Excellent computer skills.
The vacancy is open for the attention of the citizens of the Republic of Belarus.
Duration of contract: 1 year with possible extension for 1 year.
For detailed Job Descriptions please visit the web site of UN Office in Belarus at http://un.by/ru/undp/vacancies/12-06-07-job1.html
Candidates should submit their applications in English (a cover letter and CV), 17 Kirov str., 6th floor, Minsk, Belarus 220050, fax: 226-03-40, e-mail email@example.com by closing date 24 June 2007 to be eligible for consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.