Job Vacancy – British Embassy Minsk
The British Embassy in Minsk is seeking to recruit a Communications Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and analysis of current affairs in Belarus;
- Embassy press spokesperson;
- Maintaining a contacts network and organising and interpreting for meetings with outside contacts;
- Organising public diplomacy events including use of digital media;
- Managing two members of staff.
- Fluent English, Belarusian and Russian, oral and written
- Able to write accurately and concisely at speed, including translations;
- Full knowledge of the media environment;
- Confident communicator, including with senior officials, diplomats and journalists;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Strategic awareness and planning skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain a network of contacts;
- Lively interest in Belarusian politics and foreign policy issues;
- Experience of public communications, e.g. journalism or public relations.
- One page (maximum) personal introduction letter, including why you want the job and why you are the right person for the job.
- Two page (maximum) CV
- Passport size photograph - optional