IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector. It helps developing countries achieve sustainable growth by financing investments, providing advisory services to businesses and governments, and mobilizing capital in the international financial markets.
IFC Belarus Regulatory Simplification and Investment Generation project is focused on priority areas to help the government expand the private sector and improve the investment climate through better regulatory policies.
IFC Belarus Food Safety Project aims to increase the competitiveness of Belarusian food processors by raising awareness and facilitating wider implementation of international food safety management practices, build local consulting capacity, and harmonize national Belarusian legislation with international best practices.
The Scope of the Job:
The IFC Belarus Country Office is looking for a Team Assistant to join the Regulatory Simplification and Investment Generation (RSIG) and Belarus Food Safety projects’ team to carry out the full range of office support work and assist the Project Managers and the team to ensure effective implementation of all project’s initiatives. S/he will work regularly in the English language providing support to the Belarus team and visiting IFC missions.
The main functions include but are not limited to:
- Receive incoming calls, ensuring they are routed in a timely manner to the proper source of response;
- Coordinate the dissemination of project related materials;
- Establish, systemize and maintain office and Project files (incoming and outgoing correspondence), data base of IFC contacts and other information;
- Assist in the preparation of hand-outs for meetings, workshops, conferences, and other events;
- Ensure timely subscription to newspapers, magazines, and statistic brochures;
- Support project manager in his/her day-to-day activities, including development of meeting schedules, contacts database;
- Be responsible for purchasing office supplies (water, stationery, visiting cards, cartridges, etc);
- Arrange meeting schedules for visiting missions and supervise related logistics for visitors;
- Assist in logistical arrangements for conferences, workshops, and other events (rent of halls, equipment, meals, etc);
- Provide, when necessary, back up support and/or assistance to other Belarus Country Office colleagues in order to ensure smooth operation of the office support work
- Perform other administrative duties as required
- University degree in linguistics or other relevant field;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Strong English and Russian language skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Lotus Notes, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, positive attitude, result orientation;
- Previous experience with a multilateral/bilateral organization is an advantage.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Closing date for application: 22.01.2013