|LEADER IN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH AND POPULATION AND DEVELOPMENT|
Under the supervision of the Programme Analyst, the Communication Assistant implements the Country Office communication strategy and promotes UNFPA Country Office’s (CO) work and policies among partners, international and local media
The Communication Assistant:
- In cooperation with the CO programme staff develop/review and update the CO communication strategy. Based on it, prepare and implement Annual Communication Workplans (ACWP), ensure monitoring and evaluation of the Communication strategy and ACWPs and proper reporting.
- Work in close partnership with CO programme and projects staff to ensure communication support to the CO programme implementation, promotion of existing and building on new partnerships.
- Administrate UNFPA CO’s website: ensure regular content update, suggest structural and conceptual improvements, monitors web-site statistics. Supervise an Administrator of the web-site electronic resource center.
- Writes, formats and disseminates press and information materials as needed, including press releases, fact sheets, summaries and background documentation, talking points and power-point presentations, etc.
- Maintains good media relations with local and international reporters, to enhance UNFPA visibility by educating the media about the organization's principal themes and country programmes; monitors UNFPA media coverage.
- Assist the CO in organizing visibility events, including media events, such as press conferences, reports launches, media breakfasts and media tours to project sites, and events for partners and donors.
- Search for media and public opinion trends on the main issues of UNFPA mandate, especially opposition and non favorable ones and suggests possible interventions to support core UNFPA principles and national priorities.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- A track record in innovation and marketing of new approaches
- The ability for advocacy and advancing a policy oriented agenda
- Integrity, commitment to mandate and respect for diversity
- Skills to manage relationships, communicate ideas and share knowledge
- An ability for analytical and strategic thinking and results orientation
Successful candidates have a university degree in communication, journalism and/or other related social science field and 3 years of relevant experience preferably in media and media/public relations. Language requirements are: fluency in English. Candidates are expected to be proficient in current office software applications.
More information on job description and professional requirement to the candidates can be found here: http://un.by/vacancy/
UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience.
Please send your applications to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 6 August 2012