| || |
UNFPA, UNITED NATIONS POPULATION FUND IN BELARUS
announces A vacancy of
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION TEAM assistant (SC/SB-3)
(duration one year with possible extension)
This position is in a structure of projects implementation team
supported the UNFPA projects on developing national capacity to counteract domestic violence in Belarus
This position is funded by the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA)
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN BREST
The projects aim at supporting the Government on implementation of the National Action Plan on gender equality for 2011-2015 in general and improving national domestic violence prevention and response system in particular. The projects have pilot components (Brest region) and nation-wide activities and imply partnership with Ministries, local authorities, NGOs and faith-based organisations.
The Project Implementation Team Assistant is a member of projects implementation team and works under the guidance and direct supervision of the Manager of the project implementation team. He/she is responsible for overall coordination and administration (including finance and logistic support) of successful implementation of the projects in the Brest region as well as the delivery of agreed projects outputs in accordance with the Annual Work Plans. Project Implementation Team Assistant works closely and liaises with relevant government agencies, local authorities and other project partners for effective coordination of all project activities, promotes quality and results-oriented approach.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Performs daily management of projects activities in Brest region;
- Ensures proper budgeting, planning, controlling, disbursing and reporting the project expenditures;
- In close co-operation with UNFPA and project counterparts identifies national experts and institutions to partner within the project, guides the work of consultants and subcontractors and oversees compliance with the agreed TORs and work plans;
- Assists in organizing informational and training activities, envisaged by the project in the Brest region;
- Ensures project monitoring as per the logical framework;, prepares and timely submits to the PIT Manager necessary project progress reports, as required by the relevant UNFPA, donors and national procedures;
- Ensures adequate information flow among the various stakeholders of the project;
- Ensures compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions;
- Prepares translation of correspondences, when needed.
- Ensures competent, appropriate and up-to-date information on the Project implementation to be communicated publicly, including mass-media;
- Undertakes any other actions related to the project as requested by the Project Manager, UNFPA or the National Project Coordinator.
- Other duties performed within the scope of responsibilities.
University degree, preferably in Law, Public Administration, Social Science and other relevant fields;
At least 2 years of relevant experience in administrative functions/research assistance;
Experience in projects funded by international donors is highly desirable;
Outstanding organizational skills;
Excellent communication skills;
Good command of spoken and written English and Russian;
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office, Excel, e-mail, etc).
The vacancy is opened for the nationals of the Republic of Belarus
APPOINTMENT AGAINST THIS POSTS IS STRICTLY ON LOCAL BASIS
UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package, including medical and pension insurance, annual leave.
To find out more about these positions and apply on-line, please visit the UN Office in Belarus web-site: www.un.by/vacancy
Candidates should submit their applications in English (a cover letter and CV) to the following address:
Krasnoarmeyskaya Str. 22A-75., 5th
floor, Minsk, Belarus 220030, e-mail: email@example.com
Applications must be received no later than 13 March 2012.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.