announce a vacancy of
manager of projects implementation team (sc/sb-5)
(duration one year with possible extension)
The position manages the Projects Implementation Team (PIT) supporting the projects on developing national capacity to counteract domestic violence and improve gender equality in Belarus
The position is funded by UNFPA, UNICEF and IOM
The projects aim to support Government in its effort to counteract domestic violence and improve gender equality through increasing effectiveness and sustainability of existing systems of legal and social support provision for those affected by domestic violence; setting up a model of intersectoral coordination; increasing role of NGOs and religious community in diminishing society tolerance towards domestic violence and promoting gender equality; improving and unifying relevant information system; developing capacity of decision-makers in gender-sensitive policies and legislation development, implementation and monitoring through advocacy, policy advice, information campaigns and targeted work with media.
Under the general guidance of the National Project Coordinators and direct supervision of the UNFPA Programme Analyst PIT Manager coordinates the work of PIT ensuring the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects activities in accordance with UNFPA/UNICEF/IOM rules and procedures as well as donors’ requirements. He/she is responsible for achievement of project’s objectives and quality management throughout the projects life cycle.
- In close co-operation with UNFPA/UNICEF/IOM, projects counterparts and donors, coordinates overall projects implementation ensuring delivery of results in accordance with the Projects Documents, Projects Logical Frameworks and Annual Work Plans (revising and preparing AWPs, if required);
- Assumes responsibility for overall projects management: budgeting, planning, implementation, disbursing, controlling and reporting, including necessary projects progress reports, as required by the relevant UNFPA, donors’ and national legislative procedures;
- Supervises work of the PIT personnel and project national and international experts;
- Supervises and coordinates all events and campaigns envisaged by the projects;
- Responsible for adequate information flow and co-operation with the relevant government agencies, NGOs and other national partners, international organisations;
- Monitors risks and evaluates projects impact as per the projects logical frameworks ;
- Facilitates work of the Projects Coordination Committees;
- Other duties performed within the scope of responsibilities.
- University degree, preferably in Public Administration, Social Science, Law;
- At least 5 years of practical experience of working in the area of gender equality/domestic violence prevention and/or combating
- Relevant work experience in programme/project management is highly desirable
- Good facilitation and coordination skills, demonstrated ability to work in an independent manner;
- Experience in projects funded by international donors is highly desirable;
- Working knowledge of UN rules and regulations is an asset;
- Excellent communication and managerial skills;
- Knowledge and experience of working with ICT;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English is required.
The vacancy is opened for the nationals of the Republic of Belarus
APPOINTMENT AGAINST THIS POSTS IS STRICTLY ON LOCAL BASIS
UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package, including medical and pension insurance, annual leave.
To find out more about these positions and apply on-line, please visit the UN Office in Belarus web-site: www.un.by/vacancy
Candidates should submit their applications in English (a cover letter and CV) to the following address: 22a-75 Krasnoarmeyskaya str., 5th
floor, Minsk, Belarus 220030, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received no later than 22 February 2012.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.