| || |
UNFPA, UNITED NATIONS POPULATION FUND IN BELARUS
announces A vacancy of
Administrative Finance assistant (SC/SB-3)
(duration one year with possible extension)
This position is in a structure of projects implementation team
supported the UNFPA projects on developing national capacity to counteract domestic violence in Belarus
The projects aim at supporting the Government on implementation of the National Action Plan on gender equality for 2011-2015 in general and improving national domestic violence prevention and response system in particular. The projects have pilot components (Brest region) and nation-wide activities and imply partnership with Ministries, local authorities, NGOs and faith-based organisations.
The Administrative Finance Assistant is a member of projects implementation team and works under the guidance and direct supervision of the Manager of the project implementation team. He/she monitors and coordinates the daily operation of projects and maintains appropriate records and reports as required by involved partners and donors.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting the financial delivery targets set out in the agreed Annual Work Plans ensuring UNFPA rules and procedures application;
- Manages projects budgets, monitors and analyzes projects accounts/transactions in accordance with the projects budgets, logical frameworks and Annual Work Plans;
- Reports projects funds utilization using different reporting modality as requested by donors and UNPFA procedures, keeps related records for audit requirements;
- Ensures proper administration and utilization of projects resources in accordance with national execution procedures;
- Prepares and submits payment documents to UNFPA;
- Ensures administration of projects personnel employment in accordance with UN/UNFPA rules;
- Manages projects procurement following UNFPA procurement rules and procedures;
- Insures proper logistic support to any events and training activities envisaged by the projects’ working plans;
- Makes all necessary arrangements for local and international travels foreseen within the projects;
- Other duties performed within the scope of responsibilities.
University degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, Logistics;
At least 5 years of relevant experience in providing financial management services and/or managing staff and operational systems;
Experience in projects funded by international donors is highly desirable;
Knowledge of UN financial rules and regulations is an asset;
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office, Excel, e-mail, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems;
Good command of English and Russian is required.
The vacancy is opened for the nationals of the Republic of Belarus
APPOINTMENT AGAINST THIS POSTS IS STRICTLY ON LOCAL BASIS
UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package, including medical and pension insurance, annual leave.
To find out more about these positions and apply on-line, please visit the UN Office in Belarus web-site: www.un.by/vacancy
Candidates should submit their applications in English (a cover letter and CV) to the following address:
Krasnoarmeyskaya Str. 22A-75., 5th
floor, Minsk, Belarus 220030, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received no later than 30 January 2012.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.