Business Advisory Services Programme is managed by the
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
It provides grants for qualifying companies to address issues related to their development with the help of local consultants
Business Advisory Services Belarus
is looking for candidates to fill the position of:
The Project Specialist’s key responsibilities include developing and maintaining the BAS client and consultant databases and managing the BAS project flow of BAS Belarus.
The principal tasks of the Project Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop relations with the BAS clients and consultants, including developing and maintaining the corresponding databases;
- Manage BAS project flow, including, but not limited to, sourcing, developing and monitoring project implementation; drafting of project proposals, completion and evaluation reports and other documentation as may be required;
- Ensure that projects and consultants proposed meet all selection criteria following the established guidelines;
- Assist with the implementation of market development activities in cooperation with the National Programme Manager;
- Develop internal and donor progress reports for approval by the National Programme Manager;
- Assist the National Programme Manager and the TAM/BAS Head of Regional Programme with all aspects of promotion of the visibility of the BAS Belarus.
The above referenced scope of services is not limited to the responsibilities listed and the incumbent may be requested to perform other relevant duties as required within business needs.
Skills and experience required
- Strong academic background with relevant degree from a leading university in the Belarus of education (business administration, international relations, economics or finance);
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience gained within industry, commerce or IFI / international donor organizations, consultancy or international support programme;
- Proven track record of project management/administration;
- Proven, strong analytical and numerical skills, with the ability to interpret complex data for use in operational planning;
- Knowledge of local business environment and consultancy market;
- Knowledge of donor organisations and experience in donor fund mobilization;
- Computer literate: Windows XP; excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel; Outlook; Word; Knowledge of SAP accounting system, TCS and Microsoft Access desirable; ability to learn new systems quickly;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Russian.
BAS Belarus is not bound to accept any of the proposals. The successful candidate will be hired as an independent contractor. It is envisaged that the duration of the contract will be one year, subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance.
The assignment requires full-time residence in Minsk, Belarus. To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27.10.2011 at the latest.