We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join the Communications team at the British Embassy. The applicant should have a sound knowledge of English, a keen interest in current affairs and preferably have experience of website management and media relations.
The job will involve:
- Collecting information on current affairs from the media, particularly online resources
- Management of British Embassy website
- Interpretation for Diplomatic Staff
- Assistance with the organisation of public events, inc. seminars, press conferences, briefings and receptions.
- University degree
- Fluent written and spoken English, Belarusian and Russian
- Wide knowledge of web writing and editing, preferably with experience of working with CMS
- Knowledge of social media
- Ability to organise social functions, preferably including advice on catering.
This job is offered on a one year fixed contract. Working hours will be from 0900 to 1730 Monday to Thursday and from 0900 to 1500 on Friday.
If you are interested please send the following two documents by e-mail (only) to email@example.com (with "Communications Assistant" in the subject line) by 31 July in English:
- One page (maximum) personal introduction letter, including an explanation of why you want the job
- Two page (maximum) CV
Please note that we will not consider any applications longer than 3 pages. Selected candidates will be called for interview shortly thereafter. Unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted.