The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development has a unique challenge to assist the countries of central and eastern Europe and the CIS in their transition to democracy and market economies.
It offers a unique combination of public and private sector banking expertise, and supports projects through lending, taking equity positions and providing technical co-operation. The Bank focuses particularly on the private sector and is increasing its local presence in the countries of operations.
The core role of the Analyst or Associate Banker will be to support transaction related processes (project appraisal, negotiations, due diligence, legal documentation, implementation and monitoring) under regular supervision by the Head of Office or other more senior bankers. The primary focus of the successful candidate should be on Manufacturing and Services, Property, Agribusiness, Telecoms and Media sectors. At times support on projects in other sectors, such as Financial Institutions, Energy Efficiency and Infrastructure might be also required.
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Addressing credit and financial aspects of loan and equity investments, such as performing financial analysis of commercial enterprises, preparing financial projections and conducting financial modelling;
- Participating as part of the team in project implementation, including administrative and analytical support in specific areas of project monitoring;
- Research/analysis of background information for different businesses/sectors;
- Attending meetings with clients together with more senior bankers;
- Drafting of specific assigned portions of Bank documents and correspondence;
- Assisting with working level relationship management at relevant counterparts, such as potential or existing client companies, regulatory or other state entities, co-financing institutions;
- University degree in banking, business administration, economics, finance, or other relevant disciplines;
- 3-5 years business experience in corporate sector finance or banking;
- Credit analysis skills including ability to interpret company accounts (including the accounts of corporate and municipal entities) understanding accounting principles and practice of credit analysis;
- Proven analytical skills; strong numerical and financial skills with ability to design financial models;
To submit your on-line application for this position and for a more detailed job description, please visit www.ebrdjobs.com. Closing date will be 6 August 2010.