ASSOCIATE OPERATIONS OFFICER (PUBLIC POLICY ADVISOR)
: IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, creates opportunity for people to escape poverty and improve their lives. We foster sustainable economic growth in developing countries by supporting private sector development, mobilizing private capital, and providing advisory and risk mitigation services to businesses and governments. Our new investments totaled $15 billion in fiscal year 2009, helping channel capital into developing countries during the financial crisis. For more information, please visit www.ifc.org
The Program: The Belarus Regulatory Simplification and Investment Generation activity (BRSIG) has been designed to assist the Government of Belarus with 1) improving the business and investment climate, particularly regulatory simplification related to business operations; and 2) building government capacity for investment generation.
The proposed BRSIG Program will address the following:
1. Regulatory Simplification objectives will focus both on reducing regulatory costs and burdens, and improving regulatory quality aspects related to business permits, inspections, licenses, secured transactions and insolvency.
2. Investment Generation objectives will focus on strengthening regulatory and institutional frameworks for investment generation, and improving industry specific policies to increase competitiveness and attract investment.
Scope of the job: The Public Policy Advisor will be responsible for driving select BRSIG program policy reform initiatives: proposing improvements, providing consultation to government officials, coordinating external consultant’s activities as well as conducting analysis and review of key regulatory challenges affecting the business environment and investment climate in Belarus. The Advisor will be an integral member of an experienced, professional BRSIG program team in Minsk, working closely with GoB clients and other IFC and World Bank technical experts globally on public policy and institutional framework initiatives in Belarus. S/he will lead and coordinate policy reform work in one or more of the BRSIG program policy areas mentioned above.
· Advanced degree, preferably MPA, law degree, or related field;
· At least five years of public administration/public policy experience;
· Solid understanding of economic factors in public decision making and policy formation, cost/benefit analysis and applications to public policy, and implementation of public policy;
· Thorough knowledge of existing Belarusian legislation, regulations and decrees and their affect on businesses in Belarus;
· Understanding of international best practices for regulatory simplification to support and expand private sector growth and investment;
For corporate information and how to apply please visit www.ifc.org, Careers page. Click on Current Opportunities -Job reference # 101206