The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 166 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. As they develop local capacity, they draw on the people of UNDP and our wide range of partners.
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME IN BELARUS
announces the vacancies of
a thematic coordiNator (green Schools) and
an administrative and financial assistant (green schools)
in the UNDP/EC Project “Raising environmental awareness of the youth through establishment and development of Green Schools in Belarus”
within the EC Action “Support to Environment and Sustainable Development in Belarus”
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS to the Thematic Coordinator (Green Schools):
· University degree, preferably in Environmental Management, Environmental Policy or related fields;
· Minimum two years of work experience in coordination/managing of international environmental cooperation and/or management of environment-related international technical assistance projects;
· Proven experience of work with Belarusian and/or foreign institutions, involved in environmental protection and education;
· Experience within non-governmental organizations in the field of environmental education is desirable;
· Familiarity with participatory approaches and environmental education methodologies is desirable;
· Outstanding organizational, management, communication and reporting skills;
· Proficient spoken and written English and Russian;
· Computer literacy.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS to the Administrative and Financial Assistant (Green Schools):
· University degree in management, economics/finances or related field;
· Minimum two years of work experience in administrative work (business correspondence, record keeping, procurement), related to international/foreign cooperation;
· Work experience with international technical assistance projects and/or other international initiatives would be a strong asset;
· Excellent written and spoken English;
· Proficient written and spoken Russian;
· Outstanding time-management, organizational, reporting and inter-personal skills;
· Knowledge of UNDP and/or EC rules and regulations is an asset;
· Computer literacy.
The vacancies are opened for the nationals of the Republic of Belarus
APPOINTMENT AGAINST THIS POSTS IS STRICTLY ON LOCAL BASIS
UNDP offers an attractive compensation package, including medical and pension insurance, a long annual leave.
Applications must be received no later than 13 December2009.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.