The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, creates opportunity for people to escape poverty and improve their lives. We foster sustainable economic growth in developing countries by supporting private sector development, mobilizing private capital, and providing advisory and risk mitigation services to businesses and governments.
The IFC is launching the Belarus Food Safety Improvement Project. The Project aims to decrease the food safety related risks and increase the competitiveness of Belarusian food processing companies by raising awareness and facilitating wider implementation of best international food safety management practices based on HACCP and ISO 22000. The project will also build local consulting capacity, and improve regulation in order to decrease regulatory burden on food processors and harmonize Belarus legislation with international best practices.
· At least 5 years of relevant work experience with developmental institutions or consultancies with exposure to private sector development;
· Practical experience in setting up and advising on food safety solutions and system would be a strong advantage;
· Solid understanding of the business and institutional framework in Belarus;
· Ability to manage and motivate small teams for quick result delivery within the framework of large organizations and in a quickly changing environment;
· Strong analytical skills and proven ability to quickly produce concise and well structured reports and presentations;
· Well grounded business sense and ability to effectively communicate with business leaders and policy makers;
· Project management experience - preferably in transition economies;
· Excellent communication and presentation skills in English (written and oral);
· Command of Belarusian or Russian languages would be an advantage;
· Computer literate;
· Able to work in a multicultural team, self-confident and energetic.
For corporate information and how to apply please visit www.ifc.org, Careers page. Click on Current Opportunities -Job reference # 100994
Deadline for applications – May 17, 2010