UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME IN BELARUS
announces vacancy for
National Consultant for Outcome Evaluation
of UNDP Belarus Country Programme Outcome
"Create favourable conditions for socio-economic development of the Chernobyl-affected areas".
The Outcome Evaluation will be conducted to assess how and why the abovementioned outcome is or is not being achieved in a country context, and the role that UNDP has played. This outcome evaluation will also help to clarify underlying factors affecting the situation, highlight unintended consequences (positive and negative), recommend actions to improve performance in future programming and partnership building, and generate lessons learned.
The consultant is expected to work with an international consultant who will be a team leader and assist the latter in producing an Outcome Evaluation Report that highlights the findings, recommendations and lessons learnt, and a rating of performance.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master"s degree or higher level relevant academic training in public administration, economics, management or other relevant field;
- At least 5 years hands-on experience in the evaluation and/or management of complex programmes in relevant field, including at the international level;
- Knowledge of results-oriented evaluation principles and methodology. Familiarity with UNDP operations and knowledge of relevant UNDP" policies are an asset;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Organizational, administrative and planning skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability for team work;
- Fluency in written and spoken Russian and English.
The vacancy is open for the attention of the citizens of the Republic of Belarus.
Duration of contract: 6 weeks.
For detailed Job Descriptions please visit the web site of UN Office in Belarus at http://un.by/ru/undp/vacancies/20-06-07-job2.html
Candidates should submit their applications in English (a cover letter and CV) to the address 17 Kirov str., 6th floor, Minsk, Belarus 220050, fax: 226-03-40, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by closing date 5 July 2007 to be eligible for consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.